Our third trial for the Alexia Food’s“Reinvent a Classic” challenge takes us to the south of France where the flavors are simple, refined and bold all at the same time. The key ingredient for these fries is the herb de Provence, which is a mixture usually comprised of rosemary, lavender, basil, fennel, marjoram, savory and thyme. Herb de Provence is a staple in our kitchen. I use it on oven roasted potatoes, in pasta sauces, and to season steaks and chicken. The wonderful mixture of herbs is complex and flavorful. It often can take your dish from good to great. Once you start using it – it’s hard to be without it.
These fries are aromatic and savory with a touch of saltiness from the sea salt & parmesan cheese. These French fries would be great with a juicy burger or a sophisticated steak or chicken dish. It’s a classy European take on an American classic.
Prepare your potatoes (about 1 to 1½ extra large Russet potatoes) according to the directions and tips found on the Roasted Black Sesame Seed, Sea Salt & Yuzu post.
Season fries with:
~½ to 1 Tbs herb de Provence, crush the dried herbs in your hands to help release the spices
couple pinches of coarse sea salt
couple of grinds of fresh ground black pepper
~½ to 1 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
season to taste.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette