This rocky road fudge is rich, decadent and so very easy to make. All you need are 4 ingredients, melt, and stir. That’s it. The most time consuming part is waiting for the fudge to set. I have a problem. A serious problem. If I don’t give it away I end up eating the whole tray in the course of 2-3 days. I have no self control when it comes to rocky road anything. Whether it’s rocky road ice cream or fudge I just can’t resist the combination of rich creamy chocolate laced with crunchy almonds and fluffy marshmallows. I just can’t. Anyhow, back to the recipe. This one is a keeper and it’s perfect for gift giving. In my book, you can’t go wrong with an edible gift.
Rocky Road Fudge
Makes 1 8×11 pan
1 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips (I use Nestle Toll House)
1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips (I use Nestle Toll House)
1 heaping cup of toasted unsalted almonds, cut in half
2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- Line a 8 x 11 pan with foil and butter the foil. (You can also use a 8 x 8 pan, I use a 8 x 11 glass Pyrex pan)
- Place milk and white chocolate chips into medium size microwaveable bowl, stir to combine.
- Heat in microwave at half power until melted. This is what works for me, but every microwave is different:
- 45 seconds, stir
- another 45 seconds, stir
- another 30 seconds, stir
- Add almonds and marshmallows to melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour into buttered and foiled pan and set aside on counter to set. Once set, lift foil from the pan and peel back the foil from the fudge and cut into the desire size pieces.
Store in air tight container at room temperature. Will keep for a few weeks, but trust me it won’t last.
To toast almonds:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut whole unsalted in half, place on unlined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes then use a spatula and toss the almonds and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.