Our 4th Alexia Foods ”Reinvent a Classic” French Fry challenge has us exploring Mexican flavors. It’s a flavor profile that is popular and compliments so many different foods. Chili and lime is a classic Mexican combination that works. You get the spicy kick from the tajin and the fresh tang from the lime zest and juice with a touch of saltiness from the sea salt and the mild and crumbly cotija cheese. The flavors are bright and addicting.
Tajin (salsa en polvo) is a popular Mexican blend of chili peppers, lime and salt. It’s commonly sprinkled on fruits such as mangoes and apples. It actually makes my mouthwater thinking about pairing this up with fruit. It’s also great on cucumbers with a light sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of lime. My co-workers lead me on to this tasty snack. Our friends agree… chili lime French fries with cotija cheese this is a winning flavor combination.
Chili Lime French Fries with Cotija Cheese
Ingredients – these are just guidelines – season to your taste:
1 to 1½ extra large russet potato
½ to 1 Tbs of tajin or salsa en polvo (if you can’t find this you can substitute with a little cayenne pepper and paprika)
couple pinches of sea salt
zest of ½ a lime
juice of ½ a lime
½ to 1 Tbs of crumbled cotija cheese
Season to taste.
Prepare your potatoes according to the directions and tips found on the Roasted Black Sesame Seed, Sea Salt & Yuzu post.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
- Taco Soup
- Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries & Grill Pan Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette