Spring is here and I can’t think of a better dessert to have then a tart Key Lime Pie. The graham cracker crust is filled with a silky, creamy lime filling that is bright and fresh. The lime zest incorporated into the filling and sprinkled on top of the pie adds an extra pop of flavor, color and fresh lime aroma. The pie is topped with sweeten whipped cream to help cut the tartness. I think this pie is great for a beautiful spring brunch and would be great for Easter. I plan on making this recipe through the summer months. It’s easy to make; the hard part is waiting for the pie to chill and set up before you devour it!
Recipe for Sweet Pototo Pie, a true Southern tradition. It may look a lot like pumpkin pie, but it’s completely different. It’s a bit denser and has a great depth of flavor. The cinnamon compliments the sweet potato filling but doesn’t overpower it. I pair this pie with a cinnamon whipped cream – which is probably not very Southern, but a little heavy whipping cream makes everything taste better.
Apple Pocket Pies that are the perfect hand held dessert that is portable and delicious. The crust is flaky and the apple filling is warm with a touch of cinnamon. Using a large and small cookie cutter you can create a pocket pie that is fitting for any holiday or occassion.
This past Tuesday was my office’s first annual Holiday Bake Off. What a fun way to gain a couple extra pounds for the winter! It was pretty cool seeing the goods that everyone brought in and the history behind the recipes. There were four categories to compete in: Best [...]
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Philly Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette