Saturday, August 16th is the 1st International Can It Forward Day with events taking place in the United States, Canada, Australia and South Africa. Bravo’s Top Chef Hugh Acheson is the host this year and will be sharing his expertise with all of us during his live canning demonstration webcast. Can It Forward Day is a great opportunity to learn about the art of canning and the experts really break down the process and make canning less daunting.
With the help of Can It Forward last year I made a delicious pear and vanilla bean jam. I get a lot of requests for this jam. I’m down to my very last jar, I will need to make a batch very soon.
You can learn more about the event at Fresh Preserving: International Can It Forward Day.
Here’s the schedule of events:
- 10:00am – Pepper Jelly demonstration by Chef Sara featuring the FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker
- 10:45am – Tips on urban gardening & herb preservation
- 11:00am – Peach Siracha Jam demonstration by Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars
- 11:30am – Crafting in Ball jars with staff from Martha Stewart Living
- 11:45am – Hugh Acheson Preserving and Mixology demonstrations
- 1:15pm – Special Mixology demonstration with local mixologists
- 1:30pm – Salsa Verde demonstration by Chef Sarah featuring the FreshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
Share your favorite Can-It-Forward Day moments with friends via social media with the hashtag #canitforward.
To help celebrate International Can It Forward Day we are giving away a few wonderful Ball products:
The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars (2 cases – pint and quart): These beautiful green jars are a limited edition and are only being produced in 2014. So get them while you can. It a gorgeous shade of green and adds a vibrant pop of color. It’s great for displaying flowers and canning. I love these jars and used them at Brandon’s 1st Birthday Party.
Fresh Herb Keeper: Keeps herbs fresh for up to two weeks in a container that is assessable on the counter.
Dry Herb Jars: A beautiful and functional way to store dried herbs and seasonings.
Frozen Herb Starters: A great day to preserve your herbs and seasonings by freezing it in cubes filled with butter or oil. A great day to add flavor to dishes!
5 Blade Herb Scissors: How cool are these. Chiffonade-ing basil will be a breeze!
Ball Blue Book: 125 pages of all you need to know about preserving: instructions, method and recipes!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Continue reading →