This no oil or butter banana bread recipe has been a favorite with both my coworkers and neighbors. All natural apple sauce is used to create this very easy, chocolatey, moist banana bread. I created this recipe while on maternity leave and now it’s my go to recipe. The brown sugar and cinnamon really adds depth to the bread. Derrick thinks that I purposely let bananas get super ripe just to make banana bread. There may some truth to that…
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Prep: 10 mins Bake: 50 mins Yields: 1 loaf
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ C all natural apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
2 C all purpose flour, reserve 1 Tbs
½ C granulated sugar
½ C brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp cinnamon
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º, lightly spray loaf pan with cooking spray and dust pan with flour.
- Combine bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Place flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Use a whisk and combine the ingredients.
- Toss the chocolate chips and reserved Tbs of flour together. (this will help prevent the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the bread)
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine. Do not over mix. Add the chocolate chips to the batter and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes then cool bread on cooling rack.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Philly Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette