We live in a day and age where there is a coffee shop on every street corner and many of us have grown accustomed to having coffee beyond that one cup to wake us up in the mornings. There are so many ways to enjoy your coffee from lattes to cappuccinos to ice blended mochas. Summertime is upon us, so what better way to enjoy your coffee than as a creamy, velvety ice blended frappe with an absolutely addictive combination of flavors. We’ve come to love this quick and easy Raspberry Hazelnut Frappe. Its a decadent ice blended coffee drink that will transport you to the streets of Italy with its notes of rich chocolate, lush raspberry and fragrant hazelnut. We had the pleasure of creating another great recipe as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program. This summer time drink creation was inspired by Godiva Coffee . We gravitated towards using their Chocolate Truffle coffee figuring that Godiva knew a thing or two about chocolate, and they were spot on.
This is a perfect drink to enjoy in the morning with your favorite pastry or with a leisurely weekend brunch. I’d be just as happy enjoying one as a refreshing afternoon treat. You can even try mixing it up a bit by changing the flavor profile to incorporate French vanilla, almond, orange, or even kick it up a notch by using Chambord Liquor instead of raspberry syrup for a cocktail concoction.
Decadent Raspberry Hazelnut Frappe
Inactive time: 10 mins. Active time: 5 mins. Makes 1 frappe
4 oz. (½ cup) of prepared Godiva Chocolate Truffle Coffee (I prefer brewing it at espresso strength for a more concentrated flavor)
2 Tbs. half and half (I used hazelnut flavored creamer)
2 tsp. hazelnut syrup
2 tsp. raspberry syrup
1 cup crushed ice
- Brew coffee using a ratio of about 1 ½ tbs. coffee per cup of water. (We used a single brew coffee maker and used the espresso strength setting that uses less water and brews a stronger coffee)
- Set aside the coffee to reach room temperature or place it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to cool quickly.
- Add the room temperature coffee, creamer, raspberry and hazelnut syrups along with the ice into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the drink into a tall glass and top it with whipped cream.
- Use a micro-plane (or fine grater) to grate a piece of your favorite fine chocolate over the top and garnish with mint leaves and a raspberry.
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program with Godiva Coffee, we received two bags of Godiva coffee.