Smart & Final challenged us to use items from their condiment and oatmeal aisle to create a recipe that showcases their First Street products. It’s no secret that I love to bake so when given oatmeal, peanut butter and strawberry preservatives what else was I suppose to do but bake up some cookies?
With fall in the air and kids heading back to school I wanted to make cookies that are reminiscent of our childhood. Peanut butter and jelly might be a classic childhood combination but adults also enjoy these two flavors together. It’s nostalgic and just plain good! These peanut butter and jelly oatmeal cookies are the perfect treat to pack in your children’s lunch box, while you’re at it pack a few for yourself too! They’re soft and light. The oatmeal adds a nice texture to the cookies, plus oatmeal is full of fiber and it’s healthy right?! So that cancels out the butter that was used in baking these cookies. (well… not really.) The peanut butter is slightly salty and rich while the strawberry preservatives is sweet and jammy. The best part is that they’re easy to make and will keep for a few days in an air tight container.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Cookies
Makes ~36 cookies
¾ C regular butter, room temperature
½ C First Street peanut butter
1¼ C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 C sugar
½ C light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C First Street quick cooking oats
¾ C First Street strawberry preservatives (you can also use grape or whatever flavor that suits you)
1 C First Street Nut Toppings (to roll dough into if you prefer a nuttier cookie)
- Beat butter and peanut butter until combined.
- Place flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add about ½ of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and beat until combined. Scrap the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the rest of the flour and beat to combine. Do not over beat.
- Add oatmeal and stir to combine.
- Place dough into the fridge. Heat oven to 375º. When oven is done preheating, pull dough from fridge and scoop about 1½ Tbs of dough and place onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Using a round ½ teaspoon or your thumb to create round indention in the dough. Fill that indention with a tsp of strawberry preservatives.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edge of the cookies start to turn golden. While these are baking return the dough to the fridge. When cookies are done, let sit on cookie sheet for at least 2 to 3 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Smart & Final is giving away 10 $200 American Express Gift Checks, 10 $100 American Express Gift Checks and 20 First Street bags filled with an assortment of First Street products and a $50 SmartCash cards for their #FirstStreetGrandEvent. You can enter from September 7th to 20th. Anyone who purchases at least 1 participating First Street item at their local Smart & Final will receive a unique code on their receipt. Then go to First Street Grand Event to enter the code for a chance to win! Good luck!!
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette