I had a couple ripe mangoes on hand and decided to bake mango bread this weekend. This bread is super moist, easy to make and the mangoes are a colorful and tasty addition. I like eating this for breakfast or for a quick snack. It’s great as is…but I like to pop a slice into the toaster oven for a few minutes and then spread a tiny bit of butter on my piece…yum. Chop the mangoes on the chunky side to get bright yellow-orange mango pieces floating throughout the bread. Finely chopped mangoes will lend to a more flavor infused bread. Either way it’s delicious. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ C Regular Butter, melted
- ¼ C Oil
- 2 Ripe Mangoes, finely chopped (or chunks if you prefer) (about 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add baking soda, sugar and cinnamon and stir the dry ingredients to combine.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, add vanilla extract, melted butter and oil. Combine the ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in the finely chopped mangoes.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool on cooling rack.