Corn is a staple in our household. We love corn on the cob, straight from the can, creamed and of course baked. I first made this dish when I was asked to bring a side to our friends Dave and Jessica’s football party and I’ve been making it ever since. When I serve a crowd I love being able to throw everything into a baking dish, bake it and serve it from the same dish. This is especially handy when you have to tote it to someone else’s house.
This simple corn casserole is so easy and good. The cream cheese and evaporated milk adds creaminess and the jalapenos and green chiles add just enough kick to the dish. It’s the perfect side dish for game day or other get togethers such as Thanksgiving or Christmas. You can make the jalapeno and corn casserole in advance and bake it the day of. It will definitely be a crowd pleaser.
Jalapeno & Corn Casserole
Cook time: 10 mins Bake time: 30 mins Serves: 12
4 (15.2 oz) cans of whole kernel corn, drained
½ C. regular butter
1 (8 oz) package of low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (12 oz) can of evaporated milk
4 Tbs all purpose flour
1 Jalapeno, seeded & chopped (you can use more if you prefer more heat)
1 (7 oz) can of diced green chiles, drained
- Preheat oven to 400º, spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and cream cream. Stir often to combine.
- Once melted and combined, add evaporated milk and flour and continue cooking over medium heat until creamy, about 5 minutes. Mixture will begin to thicken.
- Add jalapenos and green chiles and cook for another minute. Turn off heat and stir in corn.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until it’s bubbly and the edges begin to brown.