It’s the holiday season and granola is a fun treat to make to share with your friends and family. It can be packaged in cute mason jars for gifting and the best part is that’s easy to make. This holiday granola is punched up with aromatic nutmeg and cinnamon which are are the perfect holiday spices. Pecans, cranberries, dates, maple syrup and white chocolate chips adds texture and a touch of sweetness to the granola. The scent of it baking just makes the house smell festive. I made this granola three times last week and fed it to my co-workers. We’ve been snacking on this holiday granola at work, used it as an ice cream or yogurt topper and it’s great with milk. It’s crunchy, slightly sweet and so delicious! To top it all off just in time for the holiday baking season, we’re giving away one (1) Silpat half sheet non-stick baking mat and one (1) William Bound Nutmeg Mill with (1) 1.5 oz tube of Whole Nutmegs. (a $70.00 value)
Prep: 10 minutes Bake time: 15 to 20 minutes Yields: about 7 cups
4 C old fashion oats
1 C pecans, roughly chopped
¾ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1/3 C packed light brown sugar (if you prefer a sweeter granola increase the sugar to a ½ C)
½ tsp coarse salt
1/3 C canola oil
½ C pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ C dried cranberries
½ C roughly chopped dates
½ C white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a half sheet rimmed baking sheet with a Silpat non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and salt. Add oil and stir to coat. Add maple syrup and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula to coat evenly. Spread granola into an even layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until toasted. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet. Break up the granola into a large bowl and add cranberries, dates and chocolate chips. Gently toss to combine.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
One of my favorite kitchen tools is a Silpat non-stick baking sheet. The Silpat is a kitchen staple. I use it for baking and also for lining my cookie sheets to make chocolate bark or to roll fondant. It’s non-stick surface is the perfect platform to work with gooey, sticky things such as caramel or taffy. I love that it’s reusable so no more wasting parchment paper for baking cookies. Once you start using it you just can’t bake without it.
The William Bound Nutmeg Mill is such a nice addition to any kitchen. It’s beautiful and functional. Not only does it store nutmeg in the built in compartment but it finely shaves nutmeg to be used in recipes or directly onto your dessert or hot beverage for a beautiful presentation. You can’t beat freshly grated nutmeg. The aroma is so warm and comforting.
Here’s how to enter to win the Silpat and William Bound Nutmeg Mill and tube of nutmeg:
1. Leave a comment telling us what is your favorite kitchen tool.
Bonus Entries (please leave a separate comment for each entry):
- “Like” Kitchen Runway on Facebook
- Follow Kitchen Runway on Twitter
- Follow Kitchen Runway on Pinterest
“Like” Silpat on Facebook
- Follow Silpat on Twitter
- Follow Silpat on Pinterest
- Follow Silpat on YouTube
“Like” William Bounds on Facebook
That’s 9 entries into the giveaway. If you already do one of the above, it will count as an extra entry (just leave a comment below to let us know). Remember to post a separate comment for each entry.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at 11:59 pm PST. The winner will be randomly drawn by random.org and will be notified by the email that they provide on the comment. If the winner does not claim their prize by 11:59 pm PST by December 21st, 2012, another winner will be chosen and the prize will be forfeited.
Disclaimer: I was sent a complimentary Silpat and William Bound Nutmeg Mill and Tube of Nutmeg. One random winner will also receive the same. No compensation was received for this post or review. Affiliated links are included in the post. The opinions are my own.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
- Taco Soup
- Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries & Grill Pan Giveaway
- The Taste 2012
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Giveaway
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Can It Forward Day
- Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Great Day to be a Dog
- Chocolate Dipped Caramel Biscotti
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette