The Lime Truck’s fresh limeades and agua frescas inspired us to make our own watermelon agua fresca. Agua fresca is a Mexican drink that is essentially fruit infused water. It’s light, refreshing and delicious. It’s easy to make and the best part is that it requires few ingredients. You can substitute with other fruits as well such as strawberries, cantaloupe – really any fruit that you can puree. I sweetened the drink with agave nectar, but if you prefer you can use regular sugar as well. This is fruit infused water so it’s not sugar sweet like a lemonade, but you’re more than welcome to make it as sweet as you like!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
Time: 20 minutes Makes: 10 cups
5 lbs of fresh watermelon without the rind (about 15 cups), cubed
2 C water
¼ C fresh lime juice
2 Tbs agave nectar (or granulated sugar)
- working in batches, put about 1/3 of the watermelon and a 1/3 of the water into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Pour mixture through a sieve to remove the pulp. Repeat with the rest of watermelon.
- Add lime juice and agave nectar to strained watermelon juice and stir to combine. Add more agave/sugar if you want a sweeter drink.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a slice of lime and mint leaves.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
- Taco Soup
- Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries & Grill Pan Giveaway
- The Taste 2012
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Giveaway
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Can It Forward Day
- Ice Cream Cupcakes
- Great Day to be a Dog
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette