There’s nothing fancy about this dish… it’s just pure comfort on a plate. It’s the familiar flavors of spaghetti and lasagna that many of us love baked in a dish and layered with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. How could you go wrong, right? It’s great for gatherings, potlucks and you can make it ahead of time and bake it later. I made this on a week night so it’s easy enough to whip up when you’re pressed for time and Derrick went back for 2nds and packed it for lunch the next day… so it’s been husband approved (by my husband anyhow).
Prep: 15 mins Bake time: 25 mins Makes: one 9 x 13 dish
16 oz (1 lb) of La Romanella Organic Spaghetti
La Romanella Olive Oil
1 large onion, diced
1 lbs of ground beef
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper
25 oz La Romanella Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
½ C La Romanella Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 8 minutes then drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add about 1 – 2 Tbs of olive oil and saute onions until translucent. Add ground beef, garlic, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Brown meat until thoroughly cooked.
- Once meat is done, turn off stove and the drain fat from the pan. Turn heat back to medium high and add pasta sauce, salt and sugar. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remember though – the cheese will add another layer of saltiness as well.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Ladle sauce into the bottom of the pan – just enough to cover the bottom of the baking dish. Add half of the cooked spaghetti to the dish. Top spaghetti with half of the pasta sauce. Using half of the ricotta, place spoonfuls of the ricotta on top of the pasta sauce. Then top with 1 C of mozzarella and ¼ C of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat with spaghetti, pasta sauce and cheeses.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Cut into squares or rectangles and serve.
You can find #LaRomanella products at Smart & Final. If you live within 20 miles of a Smart & Final you can enter to win a trip to Sonoma Wine Country by “liking” their facebook page. There’s currently a 2 week promotion at Smart & Final free 16 oz La Romanella pasta with purchase of Redwood Creek Wine.
This post has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #Collective Bias #CBias, all opinions are my own.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Philly Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette