Halloween is around the corner and I wanted to make some festive brownies that would also be great all year long! I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. It’s a classic pairing that you simply can’t go wrong with. Now….add cream cheese to the mix and we have a slight tang that is a great addition to the sweetness and richness of the brownie! This is an easy recipe for a chewy chocolate brownie and creamy peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
Brownies with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep: 10 mins Bake: 25 mins Yields: 9×13 pan of brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (~20 oz)
- 1 stick of regular butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ C peanut butter M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9×13 pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place content of brownie mix into a medium bowl. Add melted butter and eggs and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Fold in peanut butter M&Ms.
- Pour batter into lined baking pan and bake for 20-25 mins or until done.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz light cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ C smooth peanut butter
- 1¼ C powdered sugar, sifted
- Place cream cheese and peanut butter into a medium size bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add powder sugar and beat until well combined. Frost brownies when completely cooled. Store brownies in a air tight container in the refrigerator.
How to make the ghost:
- Lift foil from the pan and peel the foil off of the brownies. Place brownies on a cutting board. Using an off set spatula, carefully frost the entire brownie.
- Using a ghost shaped cookie cutter carefully cut the shape in the brownie. Carefully lift the cookie cutter with the brownie still in the cutter. Gently push the brownie from the back with your fingers to remove the brownie from the front of the cookie cutter.
- Place brownie onto plate. Use chocolate chips for the eyes and a chocolate jimmy/sprinkle for the mouth. Ta Da – your ghoulish treat is done! (I know the frosting doesn’t exactly make for a typical white ghost…but my reasoning is that these ghosts are from Sunny California – therefore they are a little tan . Whatever the reason is…they are pretty tasty!
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette