Does this picture of Taylor remind you of the scene from the movie E.T the Extra Terrestrial where E.T. is hiding in the closet full of stuffed animals? She has so many stuffed animals - I just couldn’t help photographing her with a few of “friends”. It took a lot of coaxing to get her to stay still and not be tempted to play with her toys during our photo session! As you can see she’s a natural in front of the camera. This is obviously not her first photo session.
When I think of E.T. I immediately think of “E.T. phone home” and Reese’s Pieces. It’s actually one of my favorite candies and in my opinion it was one of the most successful uses of product placement. The movie was released in 1982 and nearly 30 years later I still remember the little yellow, orange and brown candy coated pieces of peanut butter that lured E.T. into Elliot’s home! To think that M&Ms was approached first for the movie opportunity, but declined. Score for the Hershey’s company! So here’s our nod to E.T. and Taylor Thursday, a Nutella & Reese’s Pieces Cookie. The cookies are soft and chewy. They’re not too sweet and the bits of candy coated peanut butter adds a nice crunch and creaminess to the cookies. They’re great plain or with a smear of Nutella. These cookies also make a great base for an ice cream sandwich. Spread Nutella on the bottom of each cookie and place a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream in between the cookies for a quick and easy summer treat. It’s so good!
Nutella & Reese’s Pieces Cookies
Prep: 10 mins Inactive time: 30 mins Baking time: 10 minutes (per cookie sheet) Yields: 24 cookies
½ C unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ C Nutella
¼ C granulated sugar
¼ C light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 oz Reese’s Pieces (about ¾ C)
optional: Nutella & vanilla bean ice cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter, Nutella, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla together with an electric mixer.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix to combine.
- Stir in Reese’s Pieces, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Place ~ 2 Tbs. of rounded dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for ~10 minutes on the middle oven rack. (while these are baking put the dough back into the fridge)
- Let cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes and then transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Serve as is or with a smear of Nutella on the cookies or with Nutella and a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. Cookies will become softer overnight in the airtight container.
Taylor has a couple of toy baskets around the house and they’re filled to the brim with a variety of toys to keep her entertained for hours. She has squeaky balls, tennis balls, stuffed animals and of course rope toys. She enjoys every single one of them. My dad always looks at her stash of dog goodies, from pet beds, blankets, to toys and sighs. He says that this dog probably had more toys and things than he ever grew up with. As of now, she’s our only child… we just can’t help but spoil her. Did you know that the American pet industry is one of the most resilient industries during this weak economy? I guess at the end of the day, people are willing to cut back on a lot of things such as eating out and shopping but they’re not as willing to scale back on pet food, treats or toys for their beloved pets. I guess we’re not either.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Philly Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette