For the holidays I decided to try my hand at chocolate bark. I wanted to whip up some quick and easy treats for my neighbors and coworkers. If you like mint and dark chocolate then this is the perfect recipe to make any time of the year. The combination of mint, dark chocolate, crunchy Oreos and soft marshmallows is delicious and tastes very similar to a Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to make bark and how simple it is to use different ingredients to create your own unique flavor combinations.
Mint Oreo Marshmallow Bark
Prep Time: 15 minutes Inactive time: 30 minutes Yields: one 9×12 inch sheet
12 oz Mint Dark Chocolate (Trader Joe’s Dark Mint UFOs) *If you can’t find this you can use another mint flavored chocolate such as Andes Mints or just regular chocolate)
8 oz Milk or Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
14 Oreos, divided (8 coarsely chopped to mix into bark and 6 coarsely chopped to garnish bark)
1 C Mini Marshmallows
Optional: additional mini marshmallows and decorative sprinkles
- Bring water in a double boiler to a simmer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (you can spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray to help keep the parchment paper in place)
- Melt mint dark chocolate in double boiler, stir constantly.
- When mint dark chocolate has melted and is smooth, turn off heat and add chopped milk or dark chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Add the 8 chopped Oreos and 1 cup of marshmallows and gently stir to combine.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto parchment paper or spoon chocolate into circles onto parchment paper. Press the remaining chopped Oreos into the bark and scatter a handful of marshmallows or sprinkles onto the bark. Place cookie sheet into refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- When bark has set, break bark into random sized pieces. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!