Biscotti is an Italian twice baked cookie that is great as a morning treat with a cup of coffee or tea, but it’s also delicious on its own (anytime of the day). This cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe is so easy to make and keeps well in an airtight container for about a week. The cranberries add a sweet tartness to the cookie while the pistachios give it a slightly salty bite. We served the biscotti with a cup of Smart and Final’s Ambiance Kona Style Coffee. It’s a medium/dark coffee that’s mild and nutty which works wonderfully with biscotti. #mybaristamoment
Derrick and I would grab a couple in the morning and eat them during our commute to work. They’re so addicting. I even bought a half dozen or so to work and I couldn’t bring myself to share them. That’s terrible isn’t it? I broke down and shared a couple… but that’s all! What’s wrong with me?
Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
Prep: 20 mins Bake 40 mins Stand: 20 mins Cool 20 mins Yields: 25-30 cookies
½ C unsalted butter, room temperature
¾ C sugar
1½ tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2¼ C all purpose flour
1½ C dried cranberries
½ C salted roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds then add sugar, baking powder and beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Gradually add flour and beat in as much as you can with the mixer. Stir in the remaining flour by hand. Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide dough into half. On a lightly floured surface and with lightly floured hands shape the dough into a log about 10 x 2 inches. Place dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Cool pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300º. Cut each roll diagonally into ½ inch thick slices.
- Place slices upright on the cookie sheet about ½ inches apart and bake for 15 minutes. Cool biscotti on wire racks.
If you switch to Ambiance coffee from Smart & Final, go to www.smartandfinal.com/
You can see pictures of my Smart & Final shopping experience on my Google+ page.
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias #CBias. All opinions are my own.