Cilantro lime rice is simple one pot dish that is full of robust flavors. Sauteed onions, garlic and ginger adds an aromatic and savory touch to the rice. The rice is then lightly toasted in butter, cooked in chicken broth and infused with lime zest to add flavor and a refreshing twist. The rice is then fluffed with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice to brighten up the dish. It’s a decadent way to dress up rice and wonderful served with sauteed shrimp.
Smart & Final and Proctor and Gamble (P&G) have teamed up together for a great promotion. Purchase $25 of P&G products at your local Smart & Final store and receive a T-Fal Caldero (valued at 39.99) from celebrity chef Ingrid Hoffmann’s Simply Delicioso line and some of her recipes by mail. This promotion is valid from 2/13/13 to 2/19/13. Visit the Smart & Final Social Circular to learn more about the promotion. I’ve used the caldero pot a few times now and I love it. It’s a 5.5 quart pot which is a great size and versatile. It can be used for cooking one pot meals, pastas, roasts and soups.
Cilantro Lime Rice
Prep: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes Serves: 3-4
½ large onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
2 Tbs butter
1 C long grain rice (such as jasmine rice)
14.5 oz can of chicken broth
zest of 1 lime
½ tsp sea salt
juice of ½ lime
2 Tbs finely chopped cilantro
- Lightly coat the bottom of the pot with olive oil, saute the onions over medium heat until translucent, add the garlic, ginger, rice and butter. Toast the rice for a couple of minutes.
- Add chicken broth, salt and lime zest and cover pot with lid. Turn heat down to medium low and let cook for 20 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cilantro and lime juice and then fluffy the rice.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #ChooseSmart #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday and Pumpkin Bars
- Taco Soup
- Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Berries & Grill Pan Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette