I love the look of canning jars. They’re so versatile and perfect for sweet teas, lemonades, flowers and candles. For years I’ve been using them for vessels to hold other items, but I’ve never used it for it’s main purpose… to can. I want to learn and experiment with making my own jams, especially with all the fresh and beautiful fruits available during the summer months.
I’m excited to share that today is National Can It Forward Day! This event is taking place at Minnetrista in Muncie, Indiana. Jarden Home Brands, the makers of Ball® brand fresh preserving products, and the Minnetrista Master Preservers will stream live demonstrations and answer audience questions to demystify the art of canning. I’ll be watching today to learn tips and recipes and will be posting my canning experiences soon along with a fun giveaway.
If you have a favorite canning recipe please do share. I would love to try your go to recipe!
Let’s Stay in Touch (email updates):
- Twice Baked Potatoes with Philly Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Wine Sangria with ChocolatRouge
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Butter Cookies
- Easy Bacon Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Korean BBQ Short Ribs #CampbellSauces
- Winder Farms Review and Giveaway
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pear and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Can It Forward Day 2013 & Giveaway
- Pregnancy Cravings – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Roasted Tomato Soup inspired by Panera Bread
- Oreo Cookie Balls
- Holiday Granola and Silpat & Nutmeg Mill Giveaway
- Taylor Thursday & Zuke’s Lil Links Giveaway
TagsAlexia Foods apple Asian bake sale basil birthday bread breakfast brownies brunch cake chocolate cookies cream cheese cupcakes decadent dessert Easy favors French fries frosting giveaway goat cheese healthy Italian lemon mango Marshmallow Pops mint mushrooms party pie potatoes recipe development salad sides Soup soy sauce St. Patrick's Day strawberry Taylor Taylor Thursday tomato vegetarian vinaigrette